Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
Boost your career prospects by joining the leading professional body for analytics and data science globally.
Student membership is open to anyone studying for a Bachelors or Masters degree with a minimum of 20% analytics & data science content.
Initial Registration / Joining Fee (One Time): £90
Renewal / Annual Subscription: £90
Re-registration (Including One Year Subscription): £135
Are you just starting out in your analytics career? Whether you have a degree in analytics or have moved into an analytics role from another profession, there will be a lot to learn as you start out and IoA membership will support you through this period.
Associate members should have relevant work experience upto 5 years, completed short courses or be graduates from analytics or data science undergraduate or postgraduate programmes.
Initial Registration / Joining Fee (One Time) £100
Renewal / Annual Subscription £100
Re-registration (Including One Year Subscription) £150
Member is our first grade of professional membership and is open to established analytics and data science professionals.
To be eligible for Member status, you will need to have a minimum of five years’ relevant work experience or a combination of education and relevant work experience.
You must be working in an analytics or data science role, taking on responsibility for projects, working with a range of different data types and recognising or developing strategies.
If you have completed a short course, undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in analytics or data science, you may qualify for a reduction in the number of years’ work experience you require to become a Member. The tables below set out what exemptions are available.
For those who have successfully completed an IoA accredited course:
- Undergraduate degree + 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Postgraduate degree + 2 years’ relevant work experience
- Short course + 4 years’ relevant work experience
For those who have completed an analytics or data science programme not accredited by the IoA:
- Undergraduate degree + 4 years’ relevant work experience
- Postgraduate degree + 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Short course + 5 years’ relevant work experience
For those who apply for Member status but have not carried out any formal analytics training, you will be asked to provide a reference for your application. This should be someone who is familiar with your work and in a senior position to yourself. This could be your line manager or a project leader you have worked with.
All applicants for Member status should be able to demonstrate ongoing CPD.
Initial Registration / Joining Fee (One Time): £150
Renewal / Annual Subscription: £150
Re-registration (Including One Year Subscription): £225
Fellow membership recognises the contribution of our members to the analytics profession and wider society. It’s for the leaders and innovators of the analytics world.
Fellow membership is open to current members of the IoA. Members wishing to apply for Fellow status will need to demonstrate their significant contribution to the field of analytics or wider society. This could include:
- The creation of an innovative product using analytics that has transformed the business environment
- The creation of an innovative company, charity or social cause using analytics
- Leading on an analytics project that has positively impacted your local community, wider society, or has addressed a social or environmental challenge
- Outreach in the analytics community, particularly influencing those thinking about a career in analytics or those just starting their career
- A significant contribution to the field of research in analytics or data science
- A significant contribution to open source code or tools, or network infrastructure
- A significant contribution to the development of government policy based on evidence through analytics
Applicant for Fellow status will need to provide:
- a personal statement of up to 1000 words, giving details of your experience and the impact it has had on the profession or wider society
- a copy of your CV
- supporting statements from two people who are familiar with your work
If you would like to nominate someone for Fellow status, please contact a member of the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Initial Registration / Joining Fee (One Time): £180
Renewal / Annual Subscription: £180
Re-registration (Including One Year Subscription): £270
Are you considering a career in analytics but haven’t yet made the move? Join us as an Affiliate and get access to the latest news and events.
Affiliate membership is open to anyone who is not currently studying or working in the field of analytics.
Initial Registration / Joining Fee (One Time): £120
Renewal / Annual Subscription: £120
Re-registration (Including One Year Subscription): £180
Gain access to hands-on practical training courses via our DataCamp environment at no additional cost.
Network with peers and connect with new friends through our member forums.
Grow your skills in all the multidisciplinary areas of our work: technical tools, professional practice, ethics, communication and leadership.
Manage your career and professional development records and evidence of technical skills in one easy place to share with your employers.
Structure your career according to the IoA Analyst Competency Framework ensuring that you have the skills that will equip you for a successful future in Data Analytics.
Access our jobs board with the latest Analytics & Data Science openings (many remote) with top employers around the world.
Progress to Chartered Advanced Data Scientist status (open to Full Members).
Enhance your professional status and credibility with the official IoA logo (Student, Associate, Full Members and Fellows only) and designation appropriate to your level of experience and talents (Full Members and Fellows only).