Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
Why Accountants are Ideal to Transition to Data Analytics
Accountancy and finance professionals have a range of complementary skills including:
- The ability to manipulate data and work with large data sets
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of the businesses they are embedded in
- Familiarity working in a complex regulatory environment
Gaining data analytics superpowers is an easy transition for accountants and finance teams and is the next step in the evolution of accounting.
We call the new league of super accountants and finance professionals ALAIs: Accountants in the Loop of AI.
You can listen to Dr Clare Walsh, IoA Director of Education, speak about how AI can revolutionise the world of finance on the "Elevating Financial Analysis: Embracing Predictive Insights in FP&A” webinar from The CFO.
You can learn more about the opportunities for those willing to upskill and make this transition in this article from Accountancy Age, featuring Dr Clare Walsh, IoA Director of Education.
- Get recognised as a progressive company that operates ethically and for the investment you make in your staff who receive access to IoA Membership benefits
- Support your team’s professional development and the needs of your business with access to 1400+ hours of training from beginner to advanced, ranging from the first steps moving away from spreadsheets and intuitive decision making to MLOps
- Receive exclusive opportunities for enhanced visibility for your company and special rates for in-person events
- Gain recognition for your professionalism, achieve your goals and work towards attaining the highest levels with Chartered status
- Access structured career progression with custom tracks (Business Analyst with R and Data Analyst with Python) and upskill with specialist Tool Kits including Analytics for Accountancy & Finance and Data Engineering
- Stay up to date with advancements in technology, changes in regulation and thought leadership with our monthly webinar and masterclass series and insights